Your Academic Counselor and You
Now that you have matriculated with Charter Oak, you have access to one of our greatest
resources -- our Academic Counselors. Each Academic Counselor is a specialist in various
academic disciplines. He or she will serve as your guide in helping you complete your
- If you are earning an Associate Degree, you will be working with counselors through the Academic Counseling Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are earning a Bachelor Degree, you will be assigned to the Academic Counseling Office to begin. Counselors can
be reached at email@example.com. You will have the opportunity to explore your options and then choose a discipline
that you wish to pursue. At that point, you will be assigned to an Academic Counselor
who is s a specialist in your area of interest.
Since your Charter Oak degree is individualized based on your unique goals, it is
extremely important that you work closely with Academic Counseling, maintaining regular
contact and asking questions whenever something is not clear.
Your Role is to:
Academic Counseling's Role is to enrich your learning experience through one-on-one
interaction and to support your success by:
- Contact Academic Counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval before earning credits;
- Submit transcripts for completed credits in a timely fashion;
- Carefully review all correspondence from Academic Counseling and contact the office
with any questions;
- Adhere to stated deadlines for submitting the concentration proposal, Academic Autobiography,
and graduation forms; and
- Plan ahead and allow Academic Counseling sufficient time to research and respond to
any questions that you may have.
- in-depth exploration of your degree expectations, needs and goals
- assisting in the selection of the degree program that is right for you
- providing ongoing, dynamic program planning based on your specific needs and circumstances
- reviewing and approving courses that will most efficiently meet your program objectives
- identifying additional opportunities to earn credits toward your degree
- directing you to a wide variety of College resources that support your journey to
- alerting you to new opportunities for learning within the College
We are happy that you have decided to complete your degree at Charter Oak State College
and look forward to working with you!