Project Management Certificate
The certificate in Project Management enables students to consider the final step
of preparing for the pinnacle of professional certification with the Project Management
|MGT 460 Fundamentals of Project Management
|MGT 462 Effective Project Management
|MGT 464 Mastering Project Management
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete a certificate in Project Management should be able to:
- effectively perform project team member and leadership roles in the full spectrum
of project management ranging from small, single to large, complex and multiple projects;
- present the fundamentals of project management based on a project life cycle;
- introduce and explain widely used tools of basic project management;
- examine the roles of the project manager and project team members;
- explore a best practices approach to planning and managing projects of any size;
- improve the performance of traditional project management with innovative new tools;
- introduce new and practical approaches for managing today's non-traditional projects;
- align projects within an organizational framework and with the business strategy;
- review and apply PMI's Project Body of Knowledge (PMBOK); and
- implement enterprise level project portfolio and program management.
Certificate programs are designed for adults who are interested in learning a specific
set of skills and gaining knowledge in a certain area, but may not want to earn a
degree. Credits earned apply toward a Charter Oak associate or baccalaureate degree.
Grades of C or higher must be earned in each certificate course.
Apply online using our Certificate Application Form.
To register for courses, go to Course Search and search under the subject "Management".