Our offices will be closed on Thursday, 11/27 & Friday, 11/28 for Thanksgiving.
Public Safety Administration Courses
Online Public Safety Classes that are Accelerated, Interactive, and Relevant
The 12 courses that comprise the Public Safety Administration concentration are as
- PSA 305 Ethics in Public Safety (3 credits) - Exploration of case issues and philosophies as they relate to personal
and professional accountability in the public safety environment.
- PSA 315 Human and Community Service Delivery (3 credits) - Survey of varying models and applications of public safety service
delivery systems throughout the United States.
- PSA 330 Cultural Diversity in Public Safety (3 credits) - Identification and analysis of various cultures and their diverse historical,
economic and societal variations within the context of the public safety sector.
- PSA 335 Group Dynamics (3 credits) - Examines how group behavior affects organizational effectiveness, decision
making, conflict resolution, and strategies for efficient group and task management
in public safety organizations.
- PSA 355 Human Resources in Public Safety (3 credits) - Examines policies, behaviors and motives affecting recruiting, training,
evaluation and current legal issues in human resources as they pertain to the public
- PSA 360 America's Homeland Security (3 credits) - Surveys the historical development, creation and purposes of and the
Department of Homeland Security and the corresponding national Strategy for Homeland
Security. Examines the effectiveness of such policies within a democracy.
- PSA 410 Political and Legal Systems for the Public Safety Professional (3 credits) - Analysis and application of the governmental and legal systems affecting
the operational and optimum functioning of public safety organizations.
- PSA 425 Counteracting Terrorism (3 credits) - An exploration of current issues, proposed solutions and shortcomings
in public safety preparation for and response to the threat of terrorism.
- PSA 440 Research Methodology (3 credits) - Analysis of problems and needs within the public safety sector, review
related literature, collect data, measure objectives and apply analytical skills to
a public safety related research project.
- PSA 445 Strategic Planning (3 credits) - Examines the fundamentals and application of strategic analysis and
planning in public safety organizations.
- PSA 465 Global Perspectives on Emergency Management (3 credits) - Examines the anthropology of disaster and its potential effects upon
emergency management and first responders through a comparative analysis of how the
sociocultural background of communities from around the world can drastically affect
the impact of disasters.
- PSA 499 Capstone Course: Leadership in Public Safety (3 credits) - Synthesis of leadership theory in relation to the other Public Safety
Administration courses into a succinct research project that assimilates information
to culminate the Public Safety Administration program.
Register Now | Apply Now | Request Info
© Charter Oak State College