Public Safety Administration Degree Completion
Charter Oak's Public Safety Administration bachelor's degree completion program meets
the unique needs of:
- Safety professionals, with some college coursework, currently working in the military,
law enforcement, corrections, fire science, homeland security, or emergency fields
(i.e. police officers, firefighters, EMTs, first responders, correctional officers,
homeland security personnel), and
- Associate Degree graduates with prior public safety education in criminal justice,
law enforcement technology, fire science, emergency medical technology, or the military.
Program advantages include:
- Convenience - Online courses fit your busy schedule.
- Speed - Complete a course in just 5 weeks
- Flexibility - Apply previously earned credits, work experience, and standardized test results
toward your individualized degree.
Students at Charter Oak State College work with an Academic Counselor to complete
their degree based on their own unique academic and professional goals. As such,
the degree completion credit options vary depending on individual choice. However,
all degrees require a minimum of 120 credits. Credit requirements can be fulfilled
- Completing Charter Oak's online courses,
- Transferring credits from classroom-based and online courses offered by regionally
accredited colleges and universities, including up to 90 community college credits,
- Completing college-level fire, police or military training, or
- Proving prior learning through portfolio assessment or college-level examinations
such as CLEP and DANTES.
In addition to all general educational and liberal arts requirements, an "Academic
Concentration" (36 credits) is also required to earn a bachelor's degree from Charter
Oak State College. Students can fulfill the Public Safety Administration concentration
by completing Charter Oak's public safety concentration courses.
The concentration plan of study (CPS) is the tool you will use to plan your degree
completion program. The Public Safety Administration CPS forms offer information on how subject requirements can be met.
Register Now | Apply Now | Request Info