Week 13 Lab
Chapter 14: Sensory System
Lab 13 Objectives
After completing the online exercises, the student will:
- Identify parts of the ear and their function.
- Identify parts of the eye and their function.
- Define terminology of the sensory system.
Key Points to Study
- Define sensation, perception, sensory adaptation, chemoreceptors, nocioceptors, osmoreceptors, photoreceptors, thermoreceptors, and mechanorectors.
- Identify and label:
- Parts of the Ear:
- Malleus (hammer)
- Incus (anvil)
- Stapes (stapes)
- Tympanic Membrane
- Auditory Tube
- Auditory Nerve
- Oval window
- Round Window
- Parts of the Eye:
- Aqueous Humor
- Ciliary Muscle
- Optic Nerve
- Optic Disk (Blind Spot)
- Define rods, cones, rhodopsin.
Student Workbook Assignments
- Student Interactive Workbook: Chapter 14
- Complete the exercises in the following sections: 14.2, 14.7
- Complete the Self-Quiz and the Chapter Objectives/Review Questions.
Web-Based Assignment Readings/Tutorials
View anatomy of the Ear.
View tutorial of the ear.
View “Sense of Hearing.”
View tutorial on the ear.
Complete the tutorial on the eye.
View "Anatomy of the Eye."
Test your knowledge of the anatomy of the eye.
View “Sense of Sight."
- Virtual Cow's Eye Dissection
Virtual dissection of a cow’s eye.
For review: complete Chapter 8.
Click the back button on your browser or click the breadcrumb link at the top of the page to return and take Quiz 13.