The Human Resource concentration is designed to prepare people for the human resource (HR) field, to enhance the skills of those working in general management, and to provide professional development for those already in HR. The courses cover the key skill areas of human resource and its application to the dynamics of today's and future organizations and the importance of HR as a strategic partner within an organization.
|Introduction to Management||3cr|
|Human Resource Management||3cr|
|Performance, Compensation, and Benefits||3cr|
|Managing People in a Global Economy||3cr|
|Union and Labor Relations||3cr|
|Training & Development||3cr|
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a concentration in Human Resource will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of employee and labor relations;
- apply employment law;
- explain and develop compensation, benefits, and reward packages;
- explain the role of human resources within an organization;
- develop hiring and performance appraisal processes;
- articulate human resources outcomes as they relate to the bottom line; and
- understand human resource functions within a global society.