LPN to RN Bridge Course
The Connecticut Articulation Plan requires LPNs articulating to an RN program to take
a 4-credit Bridge Course (a 3-credit online course and a 1-credit nursing school practicum).
In conjunction with Charter Oak State College, the Connecticut League for Nursing
offers the 3-credit online LPN to RN Articulation Bridge Course. Students must be
eligible to register for the LPN to RN Bridge Course.
To be eligible to participate students must first:
1. Be enrolled in an Associate degree or diploma nursing program in Connecticut.
Schools that have participating nursing programs include:
- Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing
- Capital Community College
- Gateway Community College
- Goodwin College
- Naugatuck Valley Community College
- Norwalk Community College
- St. Vincent's College
- Three Rivers Community College
2. Be recommended by their school/program.
3. Have completed the prerequisites of the first year of the program.
If you are eligible, you may register for this 3 credit online course by going to
the college portal, ACORN. Students need to complete the Registration Request form for Non-Charter Oak Students on ACORN. Participants do not need to apply to Charter Oak State College.
The course will be offered as an eight week course in Summer 2012. Regular tuition rates apply and does not include the cost of textbooks.
Upon completion of the 3-credit online Bridge Course, the 1-credit school-based course
is taken at your community college or nursing program.