Cyber Security at Charter Oak State College
The field of Cyber Security offers many opportunities for workforce employment and career advancement. A description of the various Cyber Security-related job roles, descriptions and competencies can help you select which courses are right for you and assist you in charting your career in this growing field.
Did you know?
- The average annual wage for Cyber Security jobs is $79,370
- Cyber Security ranks 17th out of 100 for top jobs in the U.S.
- Cyber Security jobs are expected to grow 20%
- Charter Oak State College offers college credit for CISSP certification
Fill out this form to start today toward a degree & career in Cyber Security:
Cyber Security Bachelor's Degree Program
Our Cyber Security bachelor's degree program prepares individuals for a career as a security professional. Our Cyber Security major's curriculum prepares students for success in IT Security, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, and Information Security Systems Security. It is designed for students with some background in computers.
See our Cyber Security major's Requirements and Student Learning Outcomes in our Official Catalog.
Cyber Security Workforce Education Program
Our Cyber Security Workforce Education Program offers practicing IT professionals training and education to broaden their expertise in Cyber Security.
Each of our ten non-credit courses:
- are oriented to various skills in IT security;
- offer state-of-the-art labs tied to workplace readiness;
- teach hands-on skills in a virtual lab environment where students practice and learn on live applications and software;
- demonstrate how to use software available to perform critical IT functions;
- are self-guided and self-paced;
- are accessible to the registrant for a 15-week period upon registration;
- includes a final exam, and students receiving a grade of 70 or higher will be issued a course completion certificate.
These courses are not a test preparation program, but they do cover the domain areas consistent with cyber security certification/credentialing exams.
Download our Cyber Security program brochure (PDF).
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org