CHARTEROAK.EDU Privacy Notice
The Charter Oak State College (COSC) knows that you care how information about you
is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and
are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Charteroak.edu Gather?
- The information we learn from students helps us personalize and continually improve
your experience at charteroak.edu. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web
site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information,
but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the
information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing
future services for you, improving our services, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever
you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain
certain types of information when your Web browser accesses charteroak.edu. A number
of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although
we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Charteroak.edu
if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often
receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Charteroak.edu if your computer supports
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure
Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an
order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit
card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and
to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though
it might be needed to make a purchase.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Charteroak.edu, your visit and any dispute over privacy is
subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages,
arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Connecticut. If
you have any concern about privacy at Charteroak.edu, please send us a thorough description
to George F. Claffey Jr, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly.
This Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also, and use of information that
we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may
e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed
us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.