Early Childhood Teacher Credential (ECTC) Individual Review Route
NOTE: This program will expire on 6/1/2014. Applications are no longer accepted.
Will your state-funded program meet the education requirements for teachers?
The Early Childhood Teacher Credential (ECTC) is a pathway to meeting the education
requirements via an INDIVIDUAL REVIEW ROUTE. This route is for people who:
- have not graduated from an approved college;
- or graduated from an out of state college; or
- graduated from a currently approved college, but before the approval date
So what is the Early Childhood Teacher Credential?
- The ECTC is a competency-based credential awarded by SDE to individuals at the Associate
and Bachelor degree level who graduated before the NAEYC standards were used for setting
coursework goals and objectives by CT colleges.
- Individuals can apply for an Infant/Toddler ECTC, a Preschool ECTC, or both. The Early
Childhood Teacher Credential Individual Review Route is fast, easy to maneuver and
results in the credential in record time when you engage in the facilitated sessions.
We offer facilitated sessions to assist staff with completing their assigned standards.
To learn more or schedule a forum at your program, please contact Jo-Ann Stabler at
860-515-3878 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or Nancy Liberto at 860-515-3886 or email@example.com