Early Childhood Teacher Credential (ECTC) Individual Review Route
Cohorts are now full through June. A waiting list is now being developed for when
this program is transitioned to the CT Office of Early Childhood.
Will your state-funded program meet the education requirements for teachers?
The Early Childhood Teacher Credential (ECTC) is a pathway to meeting the education
requirements via an INDIVIDUAL REVIEW ROUTE. This route is for people who:
- have not graduated from an approved college;
- or graduated from an out of state college; or
- graduated from a currently approved college, but before the approval date
So what is the Early Childhood Teacher Credential?
- The ECTC is a competency-based credential awarded by SDE to individuals at the Associate
and Bachelor degree level who graduated before the NAEYC standards were used for setting
coursework goals and objectives by CT colleges.
- Individuals can apply for an Infant/Toddler ECTC, a Preschool ECTC, or both. The Early
Childhood Teacher Credential Individual Review Route is fast, easy to maneuver and
results in the credential in record time when you engage in the facilitated sessions.
Inquiries about the IRR ECTC can be directed to IRRECTC@ctaeyc.org. If you have placed your name on a waiting list, CAEYC will contact you in September
when the IRR ECTC process resumes. Individuals who are ready to apply for the ECTC
can still do so through their Registry account at Connecitcut Charts-A-Course.