This Paralegal Certificate is designed for the student who wants to enter the paralegal field. To enter this program, students must have completed both ENG 101 and ENG 102 with a grade of 'C' or better. Core courses must be completed prior to or concurrently with any elective courses.
This Certificate is 24 credits and 12 credits must be taken at Charter Oak including PLG 210: Legal Research and Writing. All courses must be completed with a grade of 'C' or better.
|PLG 105: Civil Procedure||3 cr|
|PLG 110: Technology in Law||3 cr|
|PLG 210: Legal Research and Writing||3 cr|
|PLG 301: Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility||3 cr|
|PLG Electives||12 cr|
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Certificate in Paralegal Studies will be able to:
- articulate the role of the paraprofessional in various settings;
- explain the litigation process;
- use technology- software and hardware required of the industry and for communication;
- conduct legal research effectively;
- articulate, apply and adhere to ethical and professional practices within the scope of their profession; and
- explain different kinds of law dependent upon the electives chosen.
NOTE: Licensure is a professional process that varies from state to state. Please consult the appropriate state agency to determine the specific requirements for licensure in your state.