Connecticut State Colleges and Universities
Charter Oak State College Official Catalog

International Graduate Students

Charter Oak welcomes graduate students who are non-U.S. citizens or have international academic credentials. As a non-residential college, Charter Oak does not administer the I-20 form for purposes of issuing a student VISA.

Bachelor’s degrees awarded by non-U.S. colleges must be deemed equivalent to a regionally accredited U.S. institution and evaluated by a recognized agency including Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES).

Applicants who have earned a non-US bachelor’s degree within a country where English is not the official language of instruction will be required to complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 600 (paper) and 250 (electronic) will be considered satisfactory. The College will obtain your scores from ETS on your behalf.

Applicants residing outside of the United States are required to verify their identity by completing and having notarized the Identity Verification form. The original form must be sent to Graduate Admissions at Charter Oak State College.