College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) Exams
- Charter Oak administers the CLEP exams in its Newington testing office at:
Charter Oak State College Testing Lab
85 Alumni Road
Newington, CT 06111
- Exams are normally scheduled at least twice per month.
Charter Oak State College offers convenient, fast and secure online registration for CLEP exams administered at the Charter Oak State College test center in Newington, CT.
- Please note when you register you will be required to pay the administration fee. The CLEP exam fee, which is required by the testing company, must be paid in advance of the test date. You must also present your Exam Registration Ticket obtained from the CLEP website on the day of the exam.
- After registering online, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Bring a printout of that e-mail confirmation with you on test day. You will need this to verify registration.
Registering for CLEP Exams
Read all the CLEP details below before registering for an exam through PrepBlast.
- The administrative fee is $50.
- You must pay the CLEP fee by credit card before the day of the exam & print a CLEP Exam Registration Ticket. Starting January 1st, 2014, all CLEP exam payments must be made by test-takers online through the My Account portal. Other forms of payment (i.e. credit card, check, money order) for CLEP exams will no longer be acceptable at CLEP test centers.
- Students planning to take optional essays are required to register at least 5 weeks prior to the test date and pay an additional $10 to CLEP. Once you register, call (860) 515-3708 so the essay component can be ordered.
- If you have a documented disability and need special accommodations, this must be arranged with the testing staff at least 5 weeks prior to the exam. Contact the Testing Office at (860) 515-3708.
- You must bring the CLEP Exam Registration Ticket and two forms of photo identification to sit for an exam. Proper & current military ID is also necessary if the testing fee is paid with government funds.
- Rescheduling of exams must be done at least three weeks in advance of the test date; otherwise you must register for the exam all over again and pay the administration fee again. The administration fee is non-refundable.
- Cell phones, pagers, calculators, electronic devices, study or reference materials, and food or drink are not permitted in the testing area. Bring only your photo identification into the test room. We advise locking all other materials in your vehicle.
CLEP Fees: Administrative Fee is $50.
Exam Provider Contact Info
P.O. Box 6600
Princeton, NJ 08541-6600