Charter Oak State College accepts credits from faculty-approved exams offered through the following testing providers:
- Charter Oak State College Pathways & Statistics Exams
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) Exams
- DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) Exams
- Excelsior College Examinations (ECE) Exams
- Thomas Edison State College Examination Program (TECEP) Exams
Additional Test Providers
These providers test credits are accepted, but not administered through Charter Oak.
|Provider Name||Provider Web site / Contact Info||Notes|
|GRE Graduate Record Subject Examinations|
|NYU New York University Proficiency Testing in Foreign Languages||Foreign Languages, Translation, and Interpreting|
|Other||Your Academic Counselor can assist you in locating more information.||Additional exams may be accepted as reviewed and approved by the Charter Oak Faculty of Consulting Examiners.|
Testing GuidesYou can purchase the CLEP Official Study Guide at any local bookstore. Your counselor can help you find study guides for the DSST and Excelsior exams accepted by Charter Oak, or you can check the Web sites in the chart above. You can also purchase resource guides, including a workbook, software and a textbook for any exams through StudySmart.com. Ask your counselor for details.
- For more information on testing services please visit the Educational Testing Service network at ETS.org.
- See our Official Catalog for the approved examinations and qualifying scores.
- Additions or changes in the testing options are listed the Charter Oak newsletter, "Update."