The Graduate Certificate in Leadership is designed to allow students to pursue graduate-level advanced studies in the subject area of leadership including assessing their own personal leadership style, critically examining organizational challenges, and analyzing the various aspects of organizational interactions at the individual, group and organizational levels.
This will be accomplished by drawing upon the student's current knowledge and "real world" experiences while exploring in-depth theoretical knowledge, methods, and concepts that focus on organizational and individual leadership competencies.
This certificate is 12 credits, 6 of which must be taken at Charter Oak. All courses must be completed with a grade of B or above.
OEL 501: Learning Community3 credits
OEL 520: Personal Leadership3 credits
OEL 525: Group Process & Team Dynamics3 credits
OEL 610: Intercultural/Global Perspectives3 credits
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, or international institution equivalent to a U.S. regionally accredited institution, with a grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- Students with GPA's between 2.7 and 3.0 may apply. If accepted, grades of B or better must be achieved in the first two courses to continue the program.
- Three years of relevant work experience required, five preferred.
- One essay, 500-750 words, describing the applicant's specific career goals, objectives, motivation to pursue an advanced degree, and professional experience and/or projects.
- A professional resume
- No GREs or entrance exams required
Outcomes & Pathways
Students who complete a Leadership certificate will be able to:
- Assess and design learning communities, explain complexities of organizational design and structure, and construct organizational leadership strategies.
- Evaluate and formulate individual leadership style, effective communication skills, and construct effective organizational leadership strategies.
- Recommend how to develop effective groups supported by strategies that support intercultural/global interrelationships.
Why Charter Oak State College?
- 100% online
- Credit for credentials
- Six (6) start dates
- Expert Faculty