- Computer Security: 8 credits, upper division level
January 2014 through December 2019
Applying for the Credit
Submit a Credential Credit Application to apply for the credit.
- Charter Oak students: Log into the ACORN Student Portal and look in Student Self-Service / Student Forms.
- Non-Charter Oak students: Contact the PLA Office to request a Credential Credit Application.
Computer Security (aka Information Systems Security, Information Technology Security, Computer Networking and Security): 8 credits, upper division level
This course introduces students to the fundamental principles and topics of information technology security and risk management at the organizational level. Students learn critical security principles that enable them to plan, develop, and perform security tasks. The course addresses hardware, software, processes, communications, applications and policies and procedures with respect to organizational IT security and risk management.
- Information Security Governance: 1 credit, upper division level
- Information Risk Management & Compliance: 1 credit, upper division level
- Network Security: 3 credits, upper division level
- Information Security Management: 1 credit, upper division level
- Operations Security: 0.5 credit, upper division level
- Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning: 0.5 credit, upper division level
- Law, Investigations & Ethics: 0.5 credit, upper division level or Information Systems Governance: 0.5 credit, upper division level
- Physical Security: 0.5 credit, upper division level