Who / When / Where PLA
Who Should Consider PLA?
- Do you have extensive work or volunteer experience?
- Have you successfully completed workplace or other training programs?
- Have you earned a professional license or credential?
- Were you ever in the military?
- Do you have learning that corresponds to college courses?
- Can you document your college-level learning?
When Should I Consider PLA?
- The earlier in your educational planning, the better.
- Avoid taking classes that you could earn PLA credit for.
Where Can I Use PLA Credit?
- Make sure any credit you earn from PLA will fit in your degree plan.
- Credit from PLA cannot duplicate other credit you have.
Consider PLA and discuss your options with your Academic Counselor.