All students must use the online registration system in the ACORN student portal to register for courses, regardless of payment method. We have provided directions regarding the online registration process below.
- Go to the ACORN student portal and logon with your user name and password. If you do not have a registration account, you may request one on the Course Search page in ACORN.
- On your Student tab and home page you will have the ability to search for available courses.
- Select the courses you would like to add to your schedule and follow the registration steps (you must be logged in to do this). View a demonstration on How to Register for Courses.
- You must click on the Submit Registration link at the bottom of the page to reserve a space in the course(s).
- To make payment*, click on the Make a Payment tab in ACORN and follow the instructions to Pay Now. If payment information is not submitted/confirmed within a few days of registering, you will be dropped from the course(s).
*Acceptable forms of payment include: American Express, Visa, MasterCard or Discover; checks or e-checks; Financial Aid already awarded; previously arranged company billing and/or; setting up a payment plan.
Company Billing RegistrationCompany Bill/Third Party Letter of Credit Requirements:
Company Bill/Third Party Letter Submission Process:
- Authorized letter must cite the specific courses and fees covered by third party payer
- The letter must be signed by an authorized individual.
- Third party payers must agree to pay the billed tuition and fees regardless of the academic outcome of the student
- Student has the understanding that they are responsible for any amounts not covered by the third party payer
- Student will first deliver authorized 3rd party letter to:
- Business Office E-mail: email@example.com
- Fax: (860) 606-9610
- Mail to: Charter Oak State College
Attention: Business Office
85 Alumni Road
Newington, CT 06011-1802
- Fees will be billed upon receipt of the authorized letter.
- Students will remain pre-registered until an approved letter of credit is received or you make a payment toward the course. If your letter of credit is not received and showing on My Account Info (must log in at the top right corner to view the course & fees statement) one week prior to your course start date you will be dropped. If you have a letter of credit that does not appear on your account please contact the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 515-3704.