Leadership in Health Care Administration Certificate
This certificate is primarily intended for students who are already employed in the
health care industry (clinical, allied health, insurance, medical office, etc.). All
courses may be completed online, and all credits will apply toward degree requirements
at Charter Oak State College. Courses already taken at other colleges and universities
may be submitted for transfer evaluation.
||# of credits
|US Health Care Systems
||HCA 101 or HCA 401
|Ethical Issues in Health Care
|Economics of Health Care
|Cultural Differences in Health Care
|Health Care Law
|Leadership in Health Care
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Leadership in Health Care Administration Certificate should
be able to:
- Identify and explain factors that impact behavior in the health care field
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of diversity in the health care field
- Describe patient rights measures
- Evaluate and interpret economic factors that influence health care decisions
- Identify and apply decision-making strategies related to the health care field
- Demonstrate an understanding of legal and ethical issues in business and clinical
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Assess global factors affecting the health care industry
Grades of C or higher must be earned in each certificate course.
Apply online using our Certificate Application Form.
To register for courses, go to Course Search & Registration and search under the subject "Health Care Administration".