About Charter Oak State College
Charter Oak State College is Connecticut's public online college offering master's, bachelor's and associate degree programs for adults. The college was established in 1973 by the Connecticut legislature and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and by the Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education.
The college offers degree completion programs in a number of high-demand fields including Business, Health Care, Public Safety, Information Systems and more. Students can complete degrees in many majors and concentrations through the exclusive use of affordable and accelerated online courses offered by the college. In other cases, majors and concentrations may be completed by combining Charter Oak's courses and other sources of credit.
The college awards credit for:
- Most credits earned at other regionally-accredited institutions including up to 87 credits from two-year colleges.
- Standardized tests (CLEP, DSST)
- Military training and occupation evaluated by ACE
- Corporate and agency training programs evaluated by ACE/NCCRS
- Connecticut Credit Assessment Program (CCAP)
- Portfolio Assessment
- Faculty evaluated licensures and certifications
Charter Oak State College has over 11,000 alumni.
The college is guided by our vision statement: Charter Oak State College: A dynamic community of online learners advancing the nation's workforce one graduate at a time.
Interested prospective students should visit Admissions.