Chat Button
News & EventsSubscribe via RSS

New CT Education Academy to Launch
Academy will provide training for CT state workforce

Charter Oak Offers New Non-Credit Cybersecurity Courses
Courses teach latest cybersecurity skills

Charter Oak Ranked First for Affordability
College offers most affordable online degree program in state.

Four Join College Staff
Academic and leadership staff additions.

Charter Oak Launches Health Care Major
New major focuses on health care workforce

Charter Oak awards 2013 Community College Transfer Scholarship
Charlene Hill of Meriden, CT is awarded annual scholarship

Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education

International Students

Charter Oak welcomes students who are non-U.S. citizens or have international academic credentials. As a non-residential college, Charter Oak does not administer the I-20 form for purposes of issuing a student VISA.

Credentials from non-U.S. colleges must be evaluated by a recognized agency prior to review by Charter Oak. The College recognizes the following agencies: Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES). You may contact any of these agencies to learn more about their procedures and fees. The College requests that a course-by-course assessment be completed for application.

If you are a non-U.S. resident or studied abroad, you must submit the following admissions documents:

  • A course by course assessment by one of the following approved agencies: Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES).
  • If studied in countries where English is not the primary language, official transcript from a U.S. institution documenting six semester hours of English Composition with a grade of "C" or above.

In all cases, a student must also earn a minimum of 30 credits for a bachelor's degree or 15 credits for an associate's degree at United States institutions or by testing approved by Charter Oak State College.