About Charter Oak State College
Charter Oak State College is Connecticut's public online college offering bachelor's
and associate degree completion programs for adults. The college was established in
1973 by the Connecticut legislature and is accredited by the New England Association
of Schools and Colleges, and by the Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education.
The college offers degree completion programs in a number of high-demand fields including
Business, Health Care, Public Safety, Information Systems and more. Students can complete
degrees in many concentrations through the exclusive use of affordable and accelerated
online courses offered by the college. In other cases, concentrations may be completed
by combining Charter Oak's courses and other sources of credit. The college awards
- Most credits earned at other regionally-accredited institutions including up to 87
credits from two-year colleges.
- Standardized tests (CLEP, DANTES)
- Military training and occupation evaluated by ACE
- Corporate and agency training programs evaluated by ACE/PONSI
- Connecticut Credit Assessment Program (CCAP)
- Portfolio Assessment
- Faculty evaluated licensures and certifications
Over 11,000 alumni have graduated from Charter Oak State College. The college is guided
by the following vision statement: Charter Oak State College: A dynamic community of online learners advancing the nation's
workforce one graduate at a time. Interested prospective students should visit Admissions.
In our Official Catalog, you can read our Mission Statement and a welcome letter from our President.
About this Website