Connecticut State Colleges and Universities
Charter Oak State College Official Catalog

Undergraduate International Students

Charter Oak welcomes undergraduate students who are non-U.S. citizens or have international academic credentials. As a non-residential college, Charter Oak does not administer the I-20 form for purposes of issuing a student VISA.

Credentials from non-U.S. colleges must be evaluated by a recognized agency prior to review by Charter Oak. The College recognizes any NACES approved member, including the following agencies: Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES). You may contact either of these agencies to learn more about their procedures and fees. If a student has his/her credentials evaluated by more than one service, only one evaluation can be submitted and reviewed for credit. Before an application can be reviewed for admission, Charter Oak State College must have on file this credit evaluation.

Applicants residing outside of the United States are required to verify their identity by completing and having notarized the Identity Verification form. The original form must be sent to Admissions at Charter Oak State College..

In all cases, a student must also earn a minimum of 30 credits for a bachelor's degree or 15 credits for an associate degree at Charter Oak State College or at a regionally accredited United States institution, or by testing approved by Charter Oak State College.