Certificate in Project Management
The certificate in Project Management enables students to consider preparing for the pinnacle of professional certification with the Project Management Institute (PMI).
This Certificate is 9 credits and all must be completed at Charter Oak. All courses must be completed with a grade of 'C' or better.
|MGT 460: Fundamentals of Project Management||3 cr|
|MGT 462: Effective Project Management||3 cr|
|MGT 464: Mastering Project Management||3 cr|
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete a certificate in Project Management will be able to:
- effectively perform project team member and leadership roles in the full spectrum of project management ranging from small, single to large, complex and multiple projects;
- present the fundamentals of project management based on a project life cycle;
- introduce and explain widely used tools of basic project management;
- examine the roles of the project manager and project team members;
- explore a best-practices approach to planning and managing projects of any size;
- improve the performance of traditional project management with innovative new tools;
- introduce new and practical approaches for managing today's non-traditional projects;
- align projects within an organizational framework and with the business strategy;
- review and apply PMI's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK); and
- implement enterprise-level project portfolio and program management.