This course focuses on a framework for understanding the history, current practice, and future directions of pandemic preparedness. (3 credits)
- ENG 101: English Composition 1
- ENG 102: English Composition 2
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Analyze historical events to determine their impact on current pandemic preparedness.
- Evaluate pandemic preparedness concepts and their associated resources to determine potential effectiveness.
- Differentiate between the pandemic preparedness roles of public health, public safety, and healthcare with specific reference to their intersecting functions.
- Assess how potential pandemic preparedness community partnerships can be strengthened.
- Formulate a written plan to increase pandemic preparedness.
General Education Outcomes (GEOs)
Please check the applicable GEOs for this course, if any, by outcomes at GEO Category Search, or by subject area at GEO Discipline Search.
Course Activities and Grading
Discussion Postings – Individual (Weeks 1-5)
Discussion Postings – Reaction Response (Weeks 1-5)
Final Research Report (Week 5)
Final Research Report - Reaction Response (Week 5)
- This course uses Open Educational Resources (OER). OER are openly licensed, educational resources that can be used for teaching, learning and research. OER may consist of a variety of resources such as textbooks, videos and software that are no cost for students.
|Week||SLOs||Readings and Exercises||Assignments|
Topic: Prior Pandemics and Disasters
Topics: Pandemic Preparedness Concepts and Resources
Topics: Roles of Public Health, Public Safety, and Healthcare
Topics: Emergency Preparedness and Response
Topic: Pandemic Preparedness Research Reports
COSC Accessibility Statement
Charter Oak State College encourages students with disabilities, including non-visible disabilities such as chronic diseases, learning disabilities, head injury, attention deficit/hyperactive disorder, or psychiatric disabilities, to discuss appropriate accommodations with the Office of Accessibility Services at OAS@charteroak.edu.
COSC Policies, Course Policies, Academic Support Services and Resources
Students are responsible for knowing all Charter Oak State College (COSC) institutional policies, course-specific policies, procedures, and available academic support services and resources. Please see COSC Policies for COSC institutional policies, and see also specific policies related to this course. See COSC Resources for information regarding available academic support services and resources.