CharterOak.edu Privacy Notice
What Personal Information About Customers Does CharterOak.edu Gather?
The information we learn from students helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at CharterOak.edu. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future services for you, improving our services, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses CharterOak.edu. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at CharterOak.edu if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from CharterOak.edu if your computer supports such capabilities.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Remarketing and Advertising
CharterOak.edu uses third-party tracking tools to provide data about our website visitation and to create remarketing audiences. No personally identifiable information is sent via these third-party tracking tools. Anonymized information about your device and browsing actions are set in cookies on your computer and are collected via third-party tracking tools. These are some of the third-party tracking tools we may use at any given time, with links to information on how change your settings and/or to opt-out:
- Facebook Ads
- Google AdWords
- Google Analytics
- LinkedIn Ads
- Microsoft Ads and Bing Ads
- Twitter Ads
- Yahoo! Ads
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase.
- Opt-out of tracking, enable your "Do Not Track" in your browser, or take other tracking & targeting avoidance measures.
- Emails we send via our email marketing tools contain instructions and links to unsubscribe.
Unsubscribe from Email Marketing
- MailChimp Prospects email list - Unsubscribe
- For other email lists from MailChimp, use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
Charter Oak State College may still send you our own first-party transactional emails, even if you have unsubscribed from marketing lists in MailChimp.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit CharterOak.edu, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the State of Connecticut. If you have any concern about privacy at CharterOak.edu, please send us a thorough description to George F. Claffey Jr, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.