The Charter Oak State College Foundation is dedicated to providing financial assistance to our adult college students through the awarding of scholarships and grants.
Endowed Scholarship Funds have been established with the generous support of family, friends, and fans of COSC; the endowment of funds creates a lasting legacy. Below is a list of scholarships and grants sponsored by the Foundation along with links to the specific criteria.
October 2018: Thank you to all that applied for a 2018 Foundation Scholarship or Technology Grant. A large number of qualified and deserving applications were received. Awardees will be notified by email. Please check back in the Summer of 2019.
Please Note: Charter Oak State College Foundation announces scholarship opportunities each summer with a call for applications. To access applications, please log in to ACORN. Foundation Scholarships are awarded to current Charter Oak students based on select criteria for each scholarship listed below.
Applications and requirements will be posted in the https://acorn.charteroak.edu/ICS/ and also sent via email.
Endowed Scholarship Funds Include:
- John & Elizabeth Blennerhassett Endowed Scholarship
- Mark Carr Scholarship Award
- R. Wayne Clugston Scholarship
- Sgt. George Dingwall Endowed Scholarship
- Harris-Weiner Family Endowed Scholarship
- Beverly & Rodney Hawes, Jr. Endowed Scholarship
- Michael A. Marusa Scholarship
- Robert & Margaret Patricelli Endowed Scholarship
- Women in Transition (WIT) Endowed Fund
- COSC Foundation Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Early Childhood
Open to new and current/enrolled Graduate students
- Charter Oak Alumni Association Master of Science Degree Scholarship Program (new in 2017)
[Application & Criteria]
Open to New Undergraduate Students
Grants and other Scholarship Funds
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Scholarship
- Senior Legacy Fund
- Shea Endowed Fund
- Student Crisis Fund
- Technology Grant
Endowments provide for the future of the College, its students, and faculty and is a lasting gift for generations. Donations to Endowed Funds are restricted and subject to requirements that maintain the principle in investments to create a source of income for future generations.
An endowed named gift may be established with a minimum of $10,000. The endowed gift may be made in payments over a designated number of years.
Donations may be allocated to a specific Endowed Fund or where most needed. Please visit online donations to contribute to future generations!
For further information, please contact the Charter Oak State College Foundation at email@example.com or call 860.515.3889.