Completing standardized exams is a very popular way for adult learners to earn credit. By taking tests in areas in which you already have experience and knowledge, you may quickly earn credits that can be applied toward completion of your Charter Oak degree.
There are many standardized exams and numerous test providers. To help guide you toward the exams that will work best for you please visit the pages highlighted below. Your Academic Counselor can also be a valuable resource in determining if testing will work for you.
Register for Standardized Exams at Charter Oak State College
Taken at the Charter Oak State College Testing Lab, 85 Alumni Rd, Newington, CT 06111
- As of July 1, 2020 the DSST Exam: Substance Abuse will be considered lower level credit. It will no longer be upper level in transfer.
- As of February 19, 2020, the AP Exam: Art/Studio Drawing or General Portfolio will no longer be accepted in transfer. The ACE evaluation expired some time ago and the College will no longer accept it in transfer.
- Charter Oak State College (COSC) Pathways & Statistics Exams
- CLEP (College-Level Examination Program) Exams
- DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests) Exams
Register for Other Standardized Exams
Taken at a Pearson VUE Test Center near you
Before registering for an exam check with your Academic Counselor to ensure that the exam will fit your degree program.
For a list of exams and to learn how exams meet general education requirements, see Testing Programs in our Official Catalog.