The certificate in Project Management enables students to consider the final step of preparing for the pinnacle of professional certification with the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Grades of C or higher must be earned in each certificate course.
MGT 460 Fundamentals of Project Management3 credits
MGT 462 Effective Project Management3 credits
MGT 464 Mastering Project Management3 credits
Students who complete a certificate in Project Management should be able to:
- effectively perform project team member and leadership roles in the full spectrum of project management ranging from small, single to large, complex and multiple projects;
- present the fundamentals of project management based on a project life cycle;
- introduce and explain widely used tools of basic project management;
- examine the roles of the project manager and project team members;
- explore a best practices approach to planning and managing projects of any size;
- improve the performance of traditional project management with innovative new tools;
- introduce new and practical approaches for managing today's non-traditional projects;
- align projects within an organizational framework and with the business strategy;
- review and apply PMI's Project Body of Knowledge (PMBOK); and
- implement enterprise level project portfolio and program management.
Why Charter Oak State College?
- 100% online
- Credit for credentials
- Six (6) start dates
- Expert Faculty