The Higher Education Opportunity Act (2008) set forth a number of disclosure requirements for consumer information to be posted on institutional websites. The disclosures that are applicable to Charter Oak State College are listed below with a link to the corresponding page where that information can be found.
- Programs of Study
- Institutional and Program Accreditation, Approval or Licensure
- Student Body Diversity
- Retention Rate
- Completion/Graduation Rates
- Institutions at which graduates enroll
- Employment Rates
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Refund and Withdrawal Policies
- Tuition and Fees
- Multi-Campus Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Narcan Procedure
- Run. Hide. Fight. Surviving an Active Shooter Event. - Click to View
- Policies of the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education governing the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities
- Student Conduct & Title IX
- State Approvals
- Financial Statements, Required Supplementary Information, and Additional Supplemental Information (Fiscal Year 2019) (PDF)
- Financial Aid Contact Information
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid information
- Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Title IV Refund Policy
State-Specific and Other Required Disclosures
- Charter Oak State College is a registered institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
Sex Offender Registry: The Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act (CSCPA) of 2000 is a federal law that provides for the tracking of convicted sex offenders enrolled at, or employed at, institutions of higher education. The CSCPA is an amendment to the Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children and Sexually Violent Offender Act. The federal law requires state law enforcement agencies (in Connecticut, it is the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection; Connecticut State Police) to notify Charter Oak State College whenever a registered sex offender indicates that they are either enrolled, employed or carrying on a vocation at Charter Oak.
A searchable database, available to the public, is maintained by the Connecticut State Police at the following website: http://www.communitynotification.com/cap_office_disclaimer.php?office=54567.
Additionally, in accordance with Chapter 969, Section 54-258 of the General Statutes of Connecticut, the Registrar’s Office keeps a record of all registration information transmitted to it from the State Police and/or the CSCPA. This registration information is accessible to the public during the Registrar’s Office normal business hours, Monday through Friday.
- All Freedom of Information Act requests should be directed to: email@example.com