Join Us! Undergraduate Virtual Open House
Wednesday, August 4 @ 5:30PM ETRSVP
Attendees APPLY FREE!
Learn more about our undergraduate degree programs and have your questions answered by our admissions counselors.
Charter Oak's online bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration is designed to provide professionals working in the healthcare industry, or a healthcare related industry such as insurance, with the knowledge required to create, implement and efficiently administer programs and services delivered by healthcare and healthcare related organizations. This major requires a minimum of 42 credits.
Potential students who are interested in this Health Care Administration major may also be interested in our Health Information Management major.
HCA 101 Health Care Systems and Administration3 credits
HCA 201 Health Care Quality Concepts and Principles3 credits
ACC 101 Financial Accounting3 credits
HCA 211 Health Care Finance/Business Finance3 credits
HCA 311 Economics of Health and Health Care3 credits
HCA 301 Contemporary Ethical Issues in Health and Health Care3 credits
HCA 401 Regulatory and Accrediting Requirements3 credits
HRM 310 Human Resource Management3 credits
One of the following:3 credits
HCA 450 Leadership in Health Care Administration
MGT 450 Leadership Practices
MGT 451 Team Leadership
Electives in Business, (e.g. MGT 315, MGT 365)6 credits
Health Care (e.g. HCA 325, HCA 330, HCA 350, HCA 411)
or in an approved related field
HCA 499 Capstone (Culminating course in concentration)3 credits
MAT 105 Co-requisite: Statistics3 credits
HCA 105 Co-requisite: Medical Terminology3 credits
Notes: Only grades of C or higher may be included in the major.
Students who graduate with a major in Health Care Administration will be able to:
- Describe the different types of healthcare delivery systems and services by comparing past, present, and anticipated changes.
- Discuss human resource management, behaviors, diversity, and policies and procedures.
- Review legal and ethical responsibilities in the healthcare organization as they relate to patient/client rights.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how healthcare quality is delivered, measured, and monitored using research methods to assess customer service and client satisfaction.
- Describe economic factors and payment sources that influence healthcare decisions of the population served.
- Explain financial risk and risk to the organization through evaluation and interpretation of appropriate data and performance reports.
- Identify regulatory and voluntary accrediting standards, process improvement concepts and principles and application to healthcare.
- Recognize the value of clinical informatics in making informed care decisions.
- Demonstrate communication, teamwork, leadership skills and competencies.
- Discuss global factors affecting the healthcare industry.
- Identify and apply strategic management principles and concepts.
Why Charter Oak State College?
- 100% online
- Credit for credentials
- Six (6) start dates
- Expert Faculty