Join Us! Virtual Undergraduate Open House
Thursday, July 23, 2020; 5 PM EST
Learn about our Online Undergraduate Programs
Have questions about the College? Join us online to learn more about the College, our online degree programs and to have all your Admissions questions answered. We're here to help get you started with us! Don't miss this quick and informative Open House.
REGISTER to ATTEND!
Charter Oak's online bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration is designed to provide professionals working in the healthcare industry, or a healthcare related industry such as insurance, with the knowledge required to create, implement and efficiently administer programs and services delivered by healthcare and healthcare related organizations. This major requires a minimum of 42 credits.
Potential students who are interested in this Health Care Administration major may also be interested in our Health Information Management major.Let's Get Started!
- HCA 101 Health Care Systems and Administration 3 credits
- HCA 201 Health Care Quality Concepts and Principles 3 credits
- ACC 101 Financial Accounting 3 credits
- HCA 211 Health Care Finance/Business Finance 3 credits
- HCA 311 Economics of Health and Health Care 3 credits
- HCA 301 Contemporary Ethical Issues in Health and Health Care 3 credits
- HCA 401 Regulatory and Accrediting Requirements 3 credits
- HRM 310 Human Resource Management 3 credits
- One of the following:
HCA 450 Leadership in Health Care Administration
MGT 450 Leadership Practices
MGT 451 Team Leadership 3 credits
- Electives in Business, e.g. MGT 315 / HCA 350
or in an approved related field 6 credits
- HCA 499 Capstone (Culminating course in concentration) 3 credits
- MAT 105 Co-requisite: Statistics 3 credits
- HCA 105 Co-requisite: Medical Terminology 3 credits
- Total 42 credits
Notes: Only grades of C or higher may be included in the major.
Students who graduate with a major in Health Care Administration will be able to:
- Describe the different types of healthcare delivery systems and services by comparing past, present, and anticipated changes.
- Discuss human resource management, behaviors, diversity, and policies and procedures.
- Review legal and ethical responsibilities in the healthcare organization as they relate to patient/client rights.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how healthcare quality is delivered, measured, and monitored using research methods to assess customer service and client satisfaction.
- Describe economic factors and payment sources that influence healthcare decisions of the population served.
- Explain financial risk and risk to the organization through evaluation and interpretation of appropriate data and performance reports.
- Identify regulatory and voluntary accrediting standards, process improvement concepts and principles and application to healthcare.
- Recognize the value of clinical informatics in making informed care decisions.
- Demonstrate communication, teamwork, leadership skills and competencies.
- Discuss global factors affecting the healthcare industry.
- Identify and apply strategic management principles and concepts.
Bachelor’s degree holders make $1 million more on average over their lifetime compared to their peers who have only a high school degree.*
Employees with a bachelor’s degree now make up 57 percent of total wages earned.**
Jobs requiring a Bachelor’s degree or higher accounted for two out of every three that were added in health care from Dec. 2007 - Jan. 2016.**
Get in touch with us today to talk about completing your degree online.
- (860) 515-3701
Why Charter Oak State College?
- 100% online
- Credit for credentials
- Six (6) start dates
- Expert Faculty