Get credit for what you know!
Use Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) to save time and money - get credit for what you know and earn your degree quicker. If your learning matches a college course, you can probably prove that and earn credit for it.
- Get Credit for Exams you take.
- Get Credit for Professional Licenses, Certifications, and Credentials you've earned.
- Get Credit for Portfolios you prepare.
- Get Credit for Training that's been reviewed.
- Get Credit for Courses you have taken.
- Do you have extensive work or volunteer experience?
- Have you earned a professional license, certification, or credential?
- Were you ever in the United States military?
- Have you successfully completed workplace or other training programs?
- Do you have learning that corresponds to college courses?
- Can you document your college-level learning?
If "yes" for any of the above, then consider PLA.
- Save time!
- Save money!
- Earn credit!
- Faster time to degree!
- The earlier in your educational planning, the better.
- Avoid taking classes that you could earn PLA credit for.
- Log in to the student portal and navigate to the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) section in Student Self Service to download the PLA Scholarship application with instructions.
- Consult with your Academic Counselor to get your PLA Scholarship application approved.
- Submit your PLA Scholarship application to the PLA Office.
- Log in to MyCharterOak, the online student portal.
- Navigate to Student Self Service.
- Click on Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) to access the PLA forms and manuals.