- BIO 130 - Human Biology: 4 credits, lower division level
- BIO 212 - Anatomy & Physiology: 3 credits, lower division level
- BIO 215 - Pathophysiology: 3 credits, lower division level
- HCA 105 - Medical Terminology: 3 credits, lower division level
- HIM 210 - Medical Coding & Billing 1: 3 credits, lower division level
- HIM 211 - Medical Coding & Billing 2: 3 credits, lower division level
June 2009 through December 2017
About the Credential
The Certified Coding Specialist - Physician Based (CCS-P) credential from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) provides a national standard to evaluate a coding professional.
If your credential was issued or valid during the validity period, or effective dates, for the credit recommendation, then you're eligible to apply for the credit.
- Consult with your Academic Advisor regarding the applicability of the credit to your degree plan.
- Contact the PLA Office or the Registrar to apply for the credit.
About the Review
This review was funded by the Connecticut Health & Life Sciences Career Initiative (HLSCI), a Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training grant, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor. HLSCI is an equal opportunity program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.