- BIO 130 - Human Biology: 4 credits, lower division level
- BIO 212 - Anatomy & Physiology: 3 credits, lower division level
- BIO 215 - Pathophysiology: 3 credits, lower division level
- HCA 105 - Medical Terminology: 3 credits, lower division level
- HIM 210 - Medical Coding & Billing 1: 3 credits, lower division level
- HIM 211 - Medical Coding & Billing 2: 3 credits, lower division level
June 2009 through December 2017
About the Credential
The Certified Coding Specialist - Physician Based (CCS-P) credential from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) provides a national standard to evaluate a coding professional.
Applying for the Credit
Submit a Credential Credit Application to apply for the credit.
- Charter Oak students: Log into the ACORN Student Portal and look in the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) section of Student Self Service for the form.
- Non-Charter Oak students: Contact the PLA Office to request a Credential Credit Application.
About the Review
This review was funded by the Connecticut Health & Life Sciences Career Initiative (HLSCI), a Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training grant, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor. HLSCI is an equal opportunity program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.