International Academic Credentials

Charter Oak State College building

Charter Oak welcomes students who are non-U.S. citizens or have international academic credentials. As a non-residential college, Charter Oak does not administer the I-20 form for purposes of issuing a student VISA.

Credentials from non-U.S. colleges must be evaluated by a recognized agency prior to review by Charter Oak. The College recognizes the following agencies: Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES). You may contact any of these agencies to learn more about their procedures and fees. If a student has his/her credentials evaluated by more than once service, only one evaluation can be submitted and reviewed for credit. Before an application can be reviewed for admission, Charter Oak State College must have on file this credit evaluation.

If you are a non-U.S. resident or studied abroad, you must submit the following admissions documents:

In all cases, a student must also earn a minimum of 30 credits for a bachelor's degree or 15 credits for an associate degree at United States institutions, or from testing or prior learning approved by Charter Oak State College.