- BIO 130 Human Biology (4 credits)
- BIO 212 Anatomy & Physiology (3 credits)
- BIO 215 Pathophysiology (3 credits)
- HCA 105 Medical Terminology (3 credits)
- HIM 205 Reimbursement Methodology (3 credits)
- HIM 210 Medical Coding & Billing 1 (3 credits)
- HIM 211 Medical Coding & Billing 2 (3 credits)
January 2011 through December 2021
About the Credential
Certified medical auditors, also known as compliance auditors, perform audits and reviews of clinical documents, physician billing records, administrative data, and coding records. They ensure compliance with industry regulations, maintain quality assurance and perform risk analysis. The Certified Professional Medical Auditor Credential (CPMA) credential demonstrates mastery of all code sets, evaluation and management principles, and documentation guidelines.
Applying for the Credit
Submit a Credential Credit Application to apply for the credit.
- Charter Oak students: Log into the Acorn Student Portal and look in Student Self-Service / Student Forms.
- Non-Charter Oak students: Contact the PLA Office to request a Credential Credit Application.