- HCA 101 - Healthcare Systems and Administration: 3 credits, lower division level
- HIM 115 - Health Information Management: 3 credits, lower division level
- HIM 205 - Reimbursement Methodologies: 3 credits, lower division level
- HIM 210 - Medical Coding and Billing I: 3 credits, lower division level
- HIM 211 - Medical Coding and Billing II: 3 credits, lower division level
- HIM 315 - Healthcare Statistics: 3 credits, upper division level
- HIM 405 - Health Information Law, Privacy and Security: 3 credits, upper division level
- HIM 420 - Healthcare Research and Quality: 3 credits, upper division level
February 2014 through December 2016
About the Credential
Candidates who use the CCS, CCS-P, and/or RHIT credentials to become eligible to sit for the CDIP exam may also be eligible for credits available to holders of those credentials and will not receive credit twice for any duplicate credit, such as the 6 credits for Medical Coding I and II. Effective with the February 2014 CDIP national examination, the Domain I section consists of questions on the clinical coding guidelines and assignment of ICD-9-CM and CPT codes.
Applying for the Credit
Submit a Credential Credit Application to apply for the credit.
- Charter Oak students: Log into the Acorn Student Portal and look in Student Self-Service / Student Forms.
- Non-Charter Oak students: Contact the PLA Office to request a Credential Credit Application.
About the Review
This review was funded by the Connecticut Health & Life Sciences Career Initiative (HLSCI), a Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training grant, as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor. HLSCI is an equal opportunity program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.