Medical Laboratory Technician Credential
- Clinical Chemistry (6 credits, lower division level)
- Hematology (6 credits, upper division level)
- Immunohematology and Blood Banking (6 credits, upper division level)
- Microbiology (3 credits, upper division level)
National Accrediting Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA) or American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or combined certification
NOTE: The American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Registry (ASCP-BOR) and The National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA) merged in 2009. Students should request verification letter or transcript be sent directly to us from: National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel.
Applying for the Credit
Submit a Credential Credit Application to apply for the credit.
- Charter Oak students: Log into the Acorn Student Portal and look in Student Self-Service / Student Forms.
- Non-Charter Oak students: Contact the PLA Office to request a Credential Credit Application.