- Child Development: 3 credits, lower division level
- Children's Literature/Language/Literacy Development: 3 credits, lower division level
- Early Childhood Education Methods: 6 credits, lower division level
- Field Experience/Practicum: 6 credits, upper division level
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education:3 credits, lower division level
AMS issues Montessori credentials to successful graduates of AMS-affiliated Teacher Education Programs (TEPs) who hold a bachelor degree (or higher). An Associate Credential for Infant & Toddler and Early Childhood levels is awarded to those who have completed high school but do not hold a college degree. This credential can also be known as:
- Associate Early Childhood Credential
- American Montessori Society (AMS) Montessori Certification (Early Childhood)
Applying for the Credit
Submit a Credential Credit Application to apply for the credit.
- Charter Oak students: Log into the ACORN Student Portal and look in Student Self-Service / Student Forms.
- Non-Charter Oak students: Contact the PLA Office to request a Credential Credit Application.