Military Active Duty

Charter Oak State College - Military

Whether you are abroad or stateside, the flexibility of our online degree programs work with your schedule and location.

Service members are exempt from the semester-based College Fee and pay just the $250 per credit rate for courses.
* Not applicable to graduate programs.

Get Started

Submit a completed application and official transcripts to Charter Oak along with a non-refundable application fee of $50. Applicants who do not have at least 9 college level credits must submit a high school transcript or equivalent.

  • Request official transcripts from each school where you’ve attempted to earn credit. Include college transcripts, military records and standardized exams from CLEP or DSST. If you do not have at least 9 credits of college-level credit, you will need to have your official High School or GED transcript sent directly to Charter Oak.

  • Request your Joint Services Transcript (JST).

  • Community College of the Air Force

Eligible Service members must receive approval from an Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within the Military Service prior to enrolling.

Contact your admission counselor for enrollment instructions.


All four service branches and the U.S. Coast Guard offer financial assistance for voluntary, off-duty education programs in support of service members' personal and professional goals. The program is open to officers, warrant officers and enlisted active duty service personnel. In addition, members of the National Guard and Reserve Components may be eligible for TA based on their service eligibility.

Follow these helpful links:

Learn More at the U.S.Department of Defense's Military OneSource network

The Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (MGIB-AD) program — sometimes known as Chapter 30 — provides education benefits to Veterans and Servicemembers who have at least two years of active duty. Learn More at the Veteran's Benefit Administration website.

If you have at least 90 days of aggregate active duty service after Sept. 10, 2001, and are still on active duty, or if you are an honorably discharged Veteran or were discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days, you may be eligible for this VA-administered program. Learn More at the Veteran's Benefit Administration website.

Why Charter Oak State College?