The Certificate in Health Insurance Customer Services is designed for students who are interested in career development within the Health Insurance industry.
It is also appropriate for individuals seeking to transition into the Health Insurance industry. All of the courses are available in an online accelerated format through Charter Oak.
HCA 101 Intro to Health Care Systems & Administration3 credits
HCA 105 Medical Terminology3 credits
HIM 205 Reimbursement Methodologies3 credits
HIM 115 (formerly HCA 115) Principles of Health Information Management3 credits
HCA201 Health Care Quality3 credits
ITE 101 Management Information Systems3 credits
Grades of C or higher must be earned in each certificate course.
Students who complete a certificate in health insurance customer service should be able to:
- describe the different types of healthcare delivery systems and services
- compare past, present, and anticipated changes in the healthcare environment
- demonstrate an appreciation of factors that impact behavior in the healthcare field
- demonstrate an understanding of medical terminology
- describe insurance claim processing from multiple perspectives
- demonstrate an understanding of maintenance and use of medical records
- use research methods appropriate to the field
- demonstrate an understanding of patient rights measures
- demonstrate an understanding of how healthcare quality is delivered, measured, and monitored
- describe various payment sources and the populations they serve
- demonstrate an understanding of healthcare financial risk
- assess customer service and client satisfaction
- identify process improvement concepts and principles and apply to the healthcare field
- demonstrate an understanding of computer applications used in healthcare
- demonstrate and apply decision-making strategies related to the healthcare field
- demonstrate an understanding of ethical responsibilities in business and clinical practices
Why Charter Oak State College?
- 100% online
- Credit for credentials
- Six (6) start dates
- Expert Faculty