This certificate is primarily intended for students who are already employed in the healthcare industry (clinical, allied health, insurance, medical office, etc.).
All courses may be completed online, and all credits will apply toward degree requirements at Charter Oak State College. Courses already taken at other colleges and universities may be submitted for transfer evaluation.
Grades of C or higher must be earned in each certificate course.
HCA 101 or HCA 401 - US Health Care Systems3 credits
HCA 301 Ethical Issues in Health Care3 credits
HCA 311 Economics of Health Care3 credits
HCA 350 Cultural Differences in Health Care3 credits
HCA 411 Health Care Law3 credits
HCA 450 Leadership in Health Care3 credits
Outcomes & Pathways
Students who complete the Leadership in Health Care Administration Certificate should be able to:
- Identify and explain factors that impact behavior in the healthcare field
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of diversity in the healthcare field
- Describe patient rights measures
- Evaluate and interpret economic factors that influence healthcare decisions
- Identify and apply decision-making strategies related to the healthcare field
- Demonstrate an understanding of legal and ethical issues in business and clinical practices
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Assess global factors affecting the healthcare industry
Why Charter Oak State College?
- 100% online
- Credit for credentials
- Six (6) start dates
- Expert Faculty