This certificate is primarily intended for students who are already employed in the healthcare industry (clinical, allied health, insurance, medical office, etc.).
All courses may be completed online, and all credits will apply toward degree requirements at Charter Oak State College. Courses already taken at other colleges and universities may be submitted for transfer evaluation.
Grades of C or higher must be earned in each certificate course.
HCA 101 or HCA 401 - US Health Care Systems3 credits
HCA 301 Ethical Issues in Health Care3 credits
HCA 311 Economics of Health Care3 credits
HCA 350 Cultural Differences in Health Care3 credits
HCA 411 Health Care Law3 credits
HCA 450 Leadership in Health Care3 credits
Outcomes & Pathways
Students who complete the Leadership in Health Care Administration Certificate should be able to:
- Identify and explain factors that impact behavior in the healthcare field
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of diversity in the healthcare field
- Describe patient rights measures
- Evaluate and interpret economic factors that influence healthcare decisions
- Identify and apply decision-making strategies related to the healthcare field
- Demonstrate an understanding of legal and ethical issues in business and clinical practices
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Assess global factors affecting the healthcare industry
Question: How do I redeem my qualified credential(s) for undergraduate and/or graduate college credit with Charter Oak?
Answer: Tell us which credentials/certifications you’ve earned when you apply along with your member ID. We’ll do the rest. View the full list of evaluated professional credentials for credit.
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) up to 20
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) up to 23
- Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) up to 19
- Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC) up to 17
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CMA) up to 10
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) up to 4
- Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring (CNIM) up to 35
- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) up to 23
- Certified Professional Biller (CPB) up to 9
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) up to 18
- Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO) up to 23
- Health Information and Management Systems, Certified Professional (CPHIMS) up to 9
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) up to 25
- Certified Phlebotomy Technologist (CPT) up to 4
- Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC) up to 23
- Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) up to 29
- Emergency Medical Services Responder (EMR) up to 2
- Emergency Medical Services Technician (EMT) up to 4
- Emergency Medical Services Technician, Advanced (EMT-A) up to 6
- Health Services Executive (HSE)* up to 19
- Nurse, Licensed Practical (LPN) up to 16
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging technician (MRIT) up to 16
- Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) up to 3
- Registered Electroencephalographic Technologist (RET) up to 19
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) up to 48
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) up to 37
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) up to 24
- Nurse, Registered (RN) up to 64
- Radiologic Technologist (RT) up to 33
- Paramedic up to 12
*Approved for Graduate level.
Why Charter Oak State College?
- 100% online
- Credit for credentials
- Six (6) start dates
- Expert Faculty