This certificate is primarily intended for students who are already employed in the health care industry (clinical, allied health, insurance, medical office, etc.).
All courses may be completed online, and all credits will apply toward degree requirements at Charter Oak State College. Courses already taken at other colleges and universities may be submitted for transfer evaluation.
|Course Name||Course Number||# of credits|
|US Health Care Systems||HCA 101 or HCA 401||3|
|Ethical Issues in Health Care||HCA 301||3|
|Economics of Health Care||HCA 311||3|
|Cultural Differences in Health Care||HCA 350||3|
|Health Care Law||HCA 411||3|
|Leadership in Health Care||HCA 450||3|
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Leadership in Health Care Administration Certificate should be able to:
- Identify and explain factors that impact behavior in the health care field
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of diversity in the health care field
- Describe patient rights measures
- Evaluate and interpret economic factors that influence health care decisions
- Identify and apply decision-making strategies related to the health care field
- Demonstrate an understanding of legal and ethical issues in business and clinical practices
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Assess global factors affecting the health care industry
Grades of C or higher must be earned in each certificate course.
Apply online using our
To register for courses, go to Course Search & Registration and search under the subject "Health Care Administration".