Get your concentration approved by following these basic steps:
- Decide which concentration you will follow. Concentration proposals should be submitted when you are close to 60 credits or even earlier.
- Decide how and where you will earn credit for your remaining concentration requirements.
- Fill out the concentration form in its entirety. It's helpful to have your status report with you, as you will need to refer to it as you complete the concentration form.
- Consult with your academic counselor to be sure that the courses you have listed in the concentration form are acceptable.
- Place your completed concentration form in front of you and begin writing your essay, referring only to the courses listed in the concentration form.
- Proofread your essay and then give it to someone else to proofread. Use the spell-check and grammar-check functions on your computer.
- Submit your essay, concentration form, and fee (if you matriculated prior to 10/1/02) to Charter Oak State College by the first day of the month in which you expect your concentration to be reviewed to the faculty.
- Wait. Your concentration will be forwarded to your academic counselor before it goes to the faculty; your counselor will review the packet and may provide you with suggestions if time permits.