Skip to main content
Charter Oak State College Official Catalog

Academic Transcripts

The Registrar's Office develops an official transcript for every student. At the point of entry into Charter Oak State College, the Registrar's Office will apply all transfer credit (grades included) that meet the college degree requirements. Prior to officially matriculating to the college, an undergraduate student may elect to have only certain transfer courses count toward the degree or elect to have transfer grades removed. (See Academic Forgiveness Policy.)

Charter Oak State College will accept as official only those transcripts or score reports received in a sealed envelope directly from the originating institution or testing organization or through a secure electronic transcript system. All electronic transcripts must be sent directly to Charter Oak State College's Registrar or Admission Office's via a secure vendor (i.e. Parchment or the National Student Clearinghouse). Any electronic transcript, link or PDF forwarded to the College (by a third party) will not be accepted as 'official'.

All official transcripts received must have the students legal name listed on the document. If legal name does not match the name on the transcript, official documentation of the name change must be submitted (i.e. marriage license, divorcee decree, probate name change form).

The College will retain for one year official records and test scores forwarded to Charter Oak State College on behalf of and at the request of persons not matriculated in the degree program. If at the end of that time the individual has not matriculated, the records will be destroyed. Should matriculation take place at a later date, new official records will be required.

Only the Charter Oak State College GPA will appear on all academic transcripts.

No changes will be made to the official transcripts of graduated students unless there is sufficient proof of an error on the transcript. Documentation to support the claim of an error must be submitted in writing to the Office of the Registrar within six months of the date of graduation from the College.

Charter Oak Official Transcripts will not be released if there is a hold on a student's record. Parchment is an authorized issuer of official eTranscripts and paper transcripts for Charter Oak State College. Printing formats may vary slightly between in-house transcripts and Parchment transcripts. For any questions about the veracity and/or content of an official Charter Oak transcript, please contact the Registrar's Office directly at 860-515-3702.