Connecticut State Colleges and Universities
Charter Oak State College Official Catalog

Inactive Student Policy


Undergraduate, degree seeking matriculated students must show evidence of academic progress. In the absence of evidence of academic progress (i.e. by taking courses at Charter Oak, submitting any transcripts for courses taken elsewhere, standardized examination score reports, or prior learning evaluations) for 5 years, the student will receive a letter from the Registrar's Office in early July of the fifth year notifying the student that progress needs to be demonstrated. If no transcripts, score reports or confirmation of PLA completion have been received by December 30th of that year, the student will be administratively withdrawn. If the student wishes to return, he or she will need to go through the application process and will be required to meet current degree requirements.


All graduate coursework must be completed with five (5) Years. Students not registered two consecutive semesters will be dismissed. The summer semester is not required.