Charter Oak State College prides itself on offering educational resources to meet your distance learning needs. Please maintain contact with your Academic Counselor as they have the latest information on the events, services, and tools that are available.
Current News & Events - educational and social events are offered on-ground and through Web casts and chat rooms. Check this page or the bottom of the home page weekly for the latest information.
"Update" - Important student information is available quarterly in the "Update" newsletter.
Library Services - student access to online libraries
Student Association - all Charter Oak students are members. It sponsors events, workshops & networking opportunities.
Tutoring Services - free online tutoring is available to all students.
https://bncvirtual.com/charteroak- your source for purchasing texts and other course materials.
Alumni Association - all Charter Oak graduates become members of the alumni association. It is never too soon to get involved!
Disability Services - if you require special accommodations, we are here to help.
Strong writing skills are vital to a successful college and professional experience. The eTutoring program and the following Web sites can help your in writing your Concentration Plan of Study, Academic Autobiography, and in completing class assignments:
- eTutoring - The online tutoring program offered by the Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium.
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant - offers tips on essay writing.
- Guide to Grammar and Writing - a site sponsored by the Capital Community College Foundation.
- Online Presentation on Citations
Learning to Use Blackboard
The following online video tutorials may be helpful to new students who are unfamiliar with Blackboard:
- Assignments Overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3X0XW-xkI
- Using Discussion Board: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxjOU5sXmns
- Checking Grades: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7OyS_DptEU
- Taking tests/quizzes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36kDE4lvRmI
All COSC students can also take the Student Orientation to Blackboard course once they have their Charter Oak email for log in. The self-enrollment information for the course will appear on the initial Blackboard My Institution page when students log in.
Charter Oak Department Directory - to contact a specific department, access their e-mail and phone number here.
Financial Aid - access financial aid forms and scholarship information here.