2020 Graduation & Commencement Update
We regret to announce that due to the COVID-19 virus our 2020 commencement ceremony scheduled for Sunday, May 31, has been canceled. We would like to share the refund policy for those who have already purchased academic regalia. Please continue to check our COVID-19 page for further updates as they become available.
If you ordered regalia to be delivered directly to your home, you will receive a refund (minus shipping and handling) IF:
- The package containing the regalia has not been opened. Opened plastic bags will not be accepted.
- The order is returned to Oak Hall within 30 days of shipment.
- Include a copy of your email confirmation.
- Return to:
Oak Hall Cap & Gown
3812 Blue Ridge Dr.
Roanoke, VA 24018
Graduation Application Fee
The graduation application fee is for a faculty degree audit of your entire record in order to recommend your graduation to the Board of Regents, as well as the cost for your diploma which is ordered online one week after your conferral date. The graduation application fee is not related to the commencement ceremony and is non-refundable.
Charter Oak confers degrees three times a year: May 31st, August 31st and December 31st. There is one commencement ceremony for all graduates, held on a date in late May or early June.
- 02/28 - Graduation Application
- 05/01 - Accessibility Requests
- 05/03 - Tribute Program Ads
- 05/03 - Non-Attendee Name Reading
- 05/14 - Cap, Gown, Tassel Order
- 05/17 - Brunch Reservations
Apply for graduation, order your cap and gown, and get more information on graduation requirements on our ACORN Student Portal. (You must be logged in to ACORN to see this information.)Apply Now