Core Areas of Knowledge for the Connecticut Director's Credential (CDC)
Early care and education directors should be able to:
- Plan and implement developmentally-appropriate care and education programs for children and families
- Develop and maintain an effective organization
- Plan and implement administrative systems that effectively carry out program goals, mission, and objectives
- Administer effectively a program of personnel management and staff development
- Foster good community relations and influence childcare policy that affects the program
- Develop and maintain the physical facility
- Have the legal knowledge necessary for effective management
- Apply financial management tools
See the complete outline of the core areas of knowledge for Leadership, Budget/Fiscal Management, Personnel Management, and Child/Family/School & Community in the Connecticut Director's Credential (CDC) Competency Grid (Word document).
To learn more about the competency areas, see the Connecticut Director's Credential (CDC) requirements.