Boost your Career with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
At Charter Oak, we’re educating the nurse of the future with our online RN to BSN program! If you have an active RN license and are seeking a trusted online educational partner to earn your BSN, our program has been created with you in mind.
Request Information About Our RN to BSN Degree
Are you seeking a transformative experience? We’re looking for you to join us!
Program begins Fall 2019. We are accepting applications!
NUR 301: Baccalaureate Nursing Role 3 cr NUR 310: HC Policy, Economics, Regulation, & Ethics 3 cr NUR 315: Nursing Research & Expanded EBP 4 cr NUR 320: Population Health 4 cr NUR 400: CQI, Safety, & IP Collaboration 4 cr NUR 410: Systems Leadership/Continuum of Care 4 cr NUR 495: Baccalaureate Nursing Capstone 4 cr
This major requires a minimum of 120 credits. All major requirements must be completed with a grade of 'C' or higher. Applicants may transfer in two (2) courses from another RN-BSN program with grades of ‘C’ or above, from other regionally accredited institutions. The credits must be equivalent to the content and credit amount offered in one of the required courses of the program, subject to approval of the Nursing Director.
Student Learning Outcomes
- demonstrate a strong foundation in evidence-based nursing practice through purposeful, informed, outcome-oriented thinking and action that reflects a commitment to lifelong learning.
- utilize and apply knowledge, critical thinking, and clinical decision-making skills to make sound clinical judgments that identify and address individual, population, and organizational challenges.
- integrate leadership skills of systems thinking, communication and change facilitation to meet patient care and organizational needs across the continuum of care.
- guided by the acquisition of a liberal arts education, utilize an ethical framework to advocate for patients amid economic, political, social, and demographic forces affecting the delivery of regional, national, and global health care.
- integrate determinants of health and patients’ cultural beliefs and practices into the delivery and management of care to promote health across the lifespan.
- interact using effective communication skills with patients, families, and interprofessional team members that fosters mutual respect and shared decision making to enhance patient satisfaction and health outcomes.
- apply evidence-based practice models to identify and integrate scientific evidence to address practice issues and assure quality nursing care outcomes.
- advocate for and participate in patient safety and quality initiatives as a member of the interprofessional healthcare team.
- utilize informatics and patient care technology to enhance communication in the provision and management of safe, effective patient care.
- incorporate professional nursing standards and accountability into practice as a member of the interprofessional healthcare team.
Admissions RequirementsAdmission to the RN to BSN program is selective. Candidates to the program must have:
- A minimum calculated Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.3, based on the Charter Oak State College Nursing Program of Study (Advising Worksheet), to be accepted into the Nursing Program.
- Graduation from a nationally accredited (ACEN, CNEA) Associate degree in Nursing or Diploma Nursing Program
- A current, unencumbered RN license
*Note: Applicants who have not yet received their RN license, but meet other admissions requirements, will be permitted to enroll in the college for one semester. Proof of RN licensure must be provided for continued enrollment.