Credit for Testing and Standardized Exams
Completing standardized exams is a very popular way for adult learners to earn credit. By taking tests in areas in which you already have experience and knowledge, you may quickly earn credits that can be applied toward completion of your Charter Oak degree.
There are many standardized exams and numerous test providers. To help guide you toward the exams that will work best for you please visit the pages highlighted below. Your Academic Counselor can also be a valuable resource in determining if testing will work for you.
Registering for Standardized Exams and Testing Schedules
- Charter Oak State College (COSC) Pathways & Statistics Exams
- CLEP (College-Level Examination Program) Exams
- DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests) Exams
- UExcel (Excelsior College Examinations) Exams
- TECEP (Thomas Edison State College Examination Program) Exams
Before registering for an exam check with your Academic Counselor to ensure that the exam will fit your degree program
For a list of exams and to learn how exams meet general education requirements, please visit Credit Values of Specific Exams.