Nothing is more empowering than having options. Armed with a bachelor's degree from Charter Oak State College students put themselves in a position for professional advancement or even a second career. Our students come from all ranks of law enforcement from all over the country. Many have used the bachelor's degree to become chief; including over a half-dozen current police chiefs in Connecticut.
- Choose from Criminal Justice, Public Safety Administration or many others.
- Asynchronous courses. That means you log-in when it's convenient to you.
- Build credit with professional training such as police academy, FBI and military.
- Take courses on-line, on-ground or a combination.
- Use standardized exams such as CLEP or DSST.
- Customize your degree plan to maximize existing credit.
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The choice for police chiefs across the country.
- Strong, established history.
- Almost half of all students go on to pursue a master's degree.
- Low tuition and fees.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid available.
- Veterans can use Tuition Assistance.
- Payment plans available.
- Eight week and five week classes available.
- All Public Safety Administration courses are offered as accelerated five week classes.